Our films this week all deal with characters who find themselves at odds with the culture where they are living. The issues may arise because they are from another culture (Mother Of George) or because their dreams and goals conflict with their culture (In Between). Either way, it can make for interesting films.
This is not intended as an all-inclusive list. Reader suggestions are welcome. If you know an addition to this list, please write using the comments below.
- In Between (2016) (Reviewed In Thinking Cinema 6/1/17) http://www.thinkingcinema.com/film-review-in-between/
- Mother Of George (2013) (Article In Thinking Cinema 6/1/17) http://www.thinkingcinema.com/film-appreciation-mother-of-george/
- Divines (2016) (Reviewed In Thinking Cinema 11/25/16) http://www.thinkingcinema.com/film-review-divines/
- A Wedding (Noces) (2016)
- Mustang (2015) (Reviewed In Thinking Cinema 1/22/16) http://www.thinkingcinema.com/film-review-theeb-mustang/
- Wadjda (2013) (Article In Thinking Cinema 1/22/16) http://www.thinkingcinema.com/film-appreciation-wadjda/
- Shortbus (2006) Thanks For This Addition, Paul Green!