Our films this week all deal with crooks who are not particularly good at their jobs. It is a versatile theme that can work in a number of genres- biography (I, Tonya), dark comedy (Fargo, To Die For), drama (Dog Day Afternoon), and farce (Ruthless People, A Fish Called Wanda).
This is not intended as an all-inclusive list. Reader suggestions are welcome. If you know an addition to this list, please write using the suggestions below.
- I, Tonya (2017) (Reviewed In Thinking Cinema 12/8/17) http://www.thinkingcinema.com/film-review-i-tonya/
- To Die For (1995) (Article In Thinking Cinema 12/8/17) http://www.thinkingcinema.com/film-appreciation-to-die-for/
- Office Space (1999)
- Fargo (1996) (Article In Thinking Cinema 11/22/17) http://www.thinkingcinema.com/film-appreciation-fargo/
- A Fish Called Wanda (1988)
- Raising Arizona (1987)
- Ruthless People (1986)
- Dog Day Afternoon (1975) (Article In Thinking Cinema 12/11/15) http://www.thinkingcinema.com/film-appreciation-dog-day-afternoon/